Access Made Possible by the new NJFPA/NJMEP partnership
Learn more about the how NJFPA members benefits from this partnership.
Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Regulations is the process that ensures the quality of a product by establishing manufacturing procedures, ensuring that food is safe and has been prepared, packed, and stored under hygienic conditions. They describe the methods, equipment, facilities, and controls for producing processed food. These had major updates with FSMA in 2015, from section 110 to being recently archived and now replaced with section 117 in the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations).
- Food manufacturers must comply with cGMP’s through new regulations to be compliant with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), they are now more extensive and provide a holistic approach.
- cGMP’s are critical, not only to FSMA, but to every food safety and quality certification. They are audited by third-party food safety auditors at all levels of certifications in the food and beverage industry. They are also considered prerequisites under the new pre-prerequisite program under the FSMA rule- “Preventive Controls Rule for Human Food”.
Course Learning Outcomes: The participants will be able to apply and help support the implementation of the revised current good manufacturing practices requirements (cGMP’s) according to the final rule for “Preventive controls for human food”, released on September 17th 2015.
Subject Matter Expert: Juliana Canale
Course Number and Name: cGMP Readiness
Format: Self-Paced, fully online, approx. 4-6 hours
Upon the successful completion of this course, student assessments will demonstrate competencies and measurable skills in the following areas:
- How to apply and build the components and requirements of cGMP within the food and beverage industry.
- Implement cGMPs through the organization to ensure sanitary and processing requirements are being met.
Online benefits content compared to in-person:
- Self paced- allows flexibility
- Online support with instructor as needed
- Affordable and competitive pricing – a great way to supplement in-person training by creating a strong baseline prior to enrolling for an in person training